Sunday

Pick a picture

After being given the brief by the Gallery and visiting the collection I narrowed down my choice of paintings to the following three:

Starting from the left the paintings are: Hendrick Avercamp ‘A Winter scene with skaters near a Castle’; Louis-LĂ©opold Boilly ‘A Girl at a Window’; and Thomas Jones ‘A Wall in Naples’. Each of them inspired me in different ways. They gave me the opportunity to make 3 very different films. ‘A girl at a window’ made me think of a slow paced thoughtful film whilst the simple painting of ‘A wall in Naples’ made me think of European cities and cultures, of family life happening behind the door. For my final film however I really wanted to challenge myself and felt the action depicted in Avercamps painting would transcribe well into a short film and make me really push my animation skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment